Dedicated Academic Counseling Services for Specialty Programs

Serving Students Across Campus

Stay on Track to Reach Your Goals


We'll come to you!

  • Students in the Peer Community Programs listed here benefit from dedicated, specialized academic counseling support

  • To connect with an Academic Counselor serving your program visit your program representative

The Accessibility Support Center (ASC) provides services, accommodations, and academic support for students with disabilities and learning differences at Cabrillo College. ASC assists the college to meet the requirements ensuring that all programs, services, and activities are accessible to and usable by students with disabilities as required by federal law including equal access to educational content and facilities.

Earn your Bachelor's Degree in four (4) years with the 2+2 program! Cabrillo 2+2 CSUMB supports student completion of an Associate Degree in two (2) years at Cabrillo; followed by successful transfer to CSU Monterey Bay to complete a bachelor's degree in two (2) years.

The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program is dedicated to providing services to low income parents, currently receiving cash aid, seeking to become self-sufficient through education. This program offers personalized counseling, financial assistance and support.

Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) and Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) collaborate to provide financial and academic support to full-time Cabrillo students identified as educationally and economically disadvantaged.

Have you attended college in the past? Do you want to resume your college studies? Ganas is the program for you! Ganas provides free covid emergency cash grants, academic counseling, financial aid assistance, gift card for books, technology loans, group workshops on how to navigate college, and a personal mentor to help you in your first semester back.

The Cabrillo College Guardian Scholars Program is for students who are currently or have been in foster care at any point in their life. We are here to empower motivated students who want to earn a degree, certificate, and/or prepare to transfer.

International Student Services processes applications and provides visa and immigration advising to F-1 international students at Cabrillo College. ISS also provides workshops, cultural events/activities, information, and referrals to international students regarding cultural, personal, and other concerns.

The Puente Project at Cabrillo College helps prepare students to transfer to four-year colleges and universities, earn their degrees and return to the community as leaders and mentors to future generations.

The STEM and MESA programs collaborate to provide personalized academic counseling and support for students interested in math, science or engineering with the goal of transferring to a four-year institution. Ask a STEM|MESA Counselor to see if you are eligible for additional benefits provided to student members of our Cabrillo MESA Program.

Cabrillo's Umoja Learning Community is a program designed to assist African American and other historically underrepresented students. We specifically aim to increase the retention, success, graduation, and transfer rates of African ancestry students.

The Veterans Information Center (VIC) at Cabrillo is operated by veterans for veterans. We strive to assist, support, and guide student veterans to their academic success. Our focus is to provide resources and information for those who have served in the armed forces as well as their dependents.

The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act program helps job seekers succeed in the labor market by providing access to employment, education, training, and support services. WIOA offers academic and personalized counseling, financial assistance and support.

Tips on preparing to meet with an Academic Counselor
  1. Make a list of questions you want to ask an academic counselor

  2. Be ready to share documents including transcripts from other colleges or universities, AP score reports, IB transcripts, etc

  3. Submit documents to Admissions & Records