The Education Plan
An Education Plan is a map of every course you will need to take in order to reach your goal(s). Having an Educational Plan keeps you on track to reach your goal. In order to earn an earlier registration time, students must have an education plan for each semester.
The Student Planning Tool
All students have access to Student Planning, a planning tool found on your Student Menu in MyCabrillo. You can start to plan your courses using the Student Planning tool at any time on your own. This video demonstrates how to use the Student Planning Tool.
A few tips to keep in mind:
- Having courses for the upcoming semester planned on your Timeline in Student Planning will meet the Education Plan requirement to have an earlier registration time.
- Students taking a class for personal enrichment or lifelong learning and do not plan on earning a certificate or degree, do not need to create a plan. However, having courses for the upcoming semester planned on your Timeline in Student Planning will ensure that you have an earlier registration date.
- If you have attended other colleges, arrange to have official transcripts sent to Cabrillo Admissions and Records.
- If you have never attended college and need help choosing a mat or English course, as well as how to start your Education Plan, see these Placement resources.
- Taking CG 51- Planning for Success is a great way to develop your Education Plan.
- Schedule an academic counseling appointment (not drop-in advising) to revise and further develop your Education Plan. Multiple appointments may be needed for a complete Education Plan.
- If Financial Aid requested an Education Plan, let your academic counselor know that you need your Education Plan to be approved for Financial Aid.