Welcome to Engineering Technology (Etech)
Are you an entrepreneur or inventor? Are you interested in creating a design and prototype of your idea?
For more than two decades the Etech program has served as an incubator for entrepreneurship, innovation, advanced manufacturing, design, fabrication, and rapid prototyping. Our state-of-the-art labs have been specifically designed to promote collaborative interaction and have long been considered one of the premier co-working hubs in our region. We invite you to browse our website and please fill out an interest form to get more information on the particulars of our program including our in-house internship and job placement services!
Spring 2021 Open Courses
Intro to Electronics (Etech 31)
- Learn electronics basics and schematic design drafting for wiring diagrams, block diagrams, and printed circuit fabrication drawings
Tuesdays 6pm-9pm or Online/Self-Paced | VIEW CLASS
Advanced AutoCAD (Etech 41)
- 2D and 3D CAD drafting and design using the industry standard application, AutoCAD
Thursdays 6pm-9pm or Online/Self-Paced | VIEW CLASS
Architecture / Green Design (Etech 62)
- Green architecture and sustainable design using AutoCAD, including wood construction, preparation of construction documents, site plans, floor plans, and more
Wednesdays 6pm-9pm or Online/Self-Paced | VIEW CLASS
Go from Cabrillo to Career with Etech!
Classes Start January 25
We offer an Associate of Science Degree, six skills certificates, and a Certificate of Achievement to students who have a strong interest in hands-on technical work based in engineering, design drafting, 3D printing/prototyping, architecture, circuit/schematic design and animation. This Evening Program is industry-advised to ensure that what you learn qualifies you for entry-level employment.
Some of our skills certificates can be earned after the completion of just a few classes!
Faculty return email and phone inquiries same day.
Our students exit with the theoretical skills of an engineer and the hands-on skills of a craftsperson. All of our faculty work full-time in the engineering industry, thereby bringing current, real-world knowledge to the classroom on a daily basis.
Etech faculty were approached by a young couple who wanted to build a home on a piece of raw land located in Aptos. Prior to the creation of working drawings, Etech students created conceptual architectural walk-throughs and renderings to help the clients solidify their design preferences. Etech students then used Computer Aided Design (CAD) software to create a full set of plans for the county planning dept and also assisted in the building of the home.
- A sampling of the many fields graduates qualify for include: engineering technician, 3D printing/prototyping, design drafting, architecture, electronics, and computer animation.
- Employment opportunities await our graduates locally, in the Silicon Valley, and globally.
- According to the the Employment Development Department’s Labor Market Information data, the Etech-related workforce is 72% undersupplied within Alameda, Monterey, San Benito, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz Counties.
- The Engineering Technology Program monitors labor statistics and the direction of employment market so that we can ensure that our graduates are successful in the employment market. We have 100% placement in high paying jobs.
"I am planning on transferring to Cal Poly for Electrical Engineering. I know that they like to see experience in Etech, especially when transferring into an engineering program. I’m glad I was able to get this experience, and I know that I’ll be able to apply it later in my school and work career too."
-Missy De Marco