High School Articulation

Materials for CTE Counselors

CTE counselors can use the information below to assist their students and teachers with the high school articulation process.

How to Create a New High School Articulation Agreement*

  1. Identify the Cabrillo course you would like to articulate with your high school course- use the Cabrillo Catalog for reference.

  2. Send the request, along with the high school course outline, to valee@cabrillo.edu- your request will be sent to the Articulation Director and the appropriate Cabrillo faculty for review.

  3. If accepted- develop a high school articulation agreement with Cabrillo faculty (See high school articulation agreement template)

  4. Once the agreement is finalized- email it to valee@cabrillo.edu. It will be sent out for signatures to Cabrillo faculty (Department Chair, Department Dean, Articulation Director, & VP of Instruction) and high school faculty (Instructor and Principal)

  5. Once the agreement is signed- a 30 minute tutorial about the high school articulation sign up process and the CATEMA system will be arranged with the instructor.

* To establish a new agreement for the current academic year, steps 1-5 must be completed by November 30th. Otherwise agreements will start the next academic year.

Learn about the CATEMA System

The CATEMA system is used to award high school articulated credit.

Contact Us
Student Services Systems Analyst
Learn More ▼