Through this program you can earn an Associate in Science Degree or Certificate of Proficiency which are designed for direct employment, and an Associate in Arts Degree designed for transfer to a four-year college or university.
Students who complete the program gain skills such as general understanding of management, finance, accounting, operations, sales and marketing, the legal environment, and effective communication, in a diverse, global economic environment.
Associate degree careers include many positions with retailers, manufacturers, service companies, financial institutions, technology companies, and government agencies. Students will also be prepared to run their own business.
What You Can Learn in the Business Program:
- Issues impacting international business
- Understand leadership skills and best management practices
- Develop an understanding of the legal environment impacting business
- Ability to form a business plan and learn various aspects of starting an operating a new small business
- Apply the marketing mix to business operations
- Apply management techniques to current business issues and challenges
- Develop an understanding of ecommerce and online business
- Contract law and its impact on business
- Create simple relational database systems
- Learn and apply best business communication practices using Microsoft Office platform
- Develop spreadsheets and financial analysis tools
- Use a computer operating system and business application software