Degrees and Certificates
Obtaining a business certificate can be the first achievement of a broader educational plan. They are also helpful for students who want to expand their skills. Certificates may be necessary for job advancement with a current employer or to apply for an entry level position.
Cabrillo College Business Program offers two certificates:
- General Business Certificate of Achievement (28 units)
- Entrepreneurships/Small Business Skills Certificate (15-17 units)
An Associate Degree requires 60 units appropriate to your educational goal, to include general education and at least 18 units in a major. Courses should be selected to meet the lower-division major preparation requirements at your intended transfer university.
Counselors are available for advisement to ensure you are taking the best possible courses given your goal.
Three degrees are offered:
- Business Administration A.S.-T Transfer Degree (a degree with a guarantee)
- General Business A.A. Degree
- General Business (Occupational) A.S. Degree
Counselors are available to assist you with the certificate or degree that is right for you in meeting your career goals. They will also work with transfer students to provide a road map to articulating courses to institutions that you identify as the next step in achieving your educational goals.