Processing and Disbursement Timelines
Processing Your Financial Aid
Filing the FAFSA is just the first step. You may be randomly selected by the Federal Processor for verification and be required to submit additional forms to the Financial Aid office through MyVerify to complete your file. Once you are notified by email that Cabrillo has received your FAFSA, visit MyVerify to view required forms.
Example of documents that may be required:
- Federal Tax Return Transcript
- Copy of Selective Service Confirmation
- Copy of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Verification of Non-Tax Filer
- Verification of household size
If there are differences between your FAFSA information and your financial documents, our office will make corrections electronically to your FAFSA. Only submit documents if requested. For assistance on MyVerify please go to our MyVerify page.
This process can take up to 4-6 weeks. Making unnecessary corrections to your FAFSA and/or submitting incorrect/incomplete forms will cause delays! If you do not submit requested documents, your financial aid will not be processed. Keep your email, phone number and mailing address current with the college.
- Step OneFile Your Financial Aid Application
Fill out FAFSA or CA Dream Act for the appropriate school year. You will be using tax information from the prior-prior year (2 years back)
- Step TwoMyVerify
If selected for verification, you will create your MyVerify account at: cabrillo.verifymyfafsa.com. At this time, the CCPG fee waiver is awarded to those who qualify
- Step ThreeVerification
Using your MyVerify account, complete the tasks listed, and submit documentation.
- Step FourParent MyVerify Account
Parents will be able to create their own account to provide electronic signatures, if required. Parents can log in at: https://cabrillo.verifymyfafsa.com/login/parent
- Step FiveTasks Completion
Processing time is 4-6 weeks. If additional documents are needed, your financial aid advisor will reach out to you. Make sure your contact information is up to date with the college.
- Step SixProcessing Time
Once all tasks are submitted and your file is "Finished", you will be moved to the processing stage.
- Step SevenFiling Completed
Final review is complete and if eligible, you are ready to be PAID!!
- Step EightGet Your Money
Be sure to set up your BankMobile account and select a preference on how to receive your refund.
An email will be sent to you after your file has been reviewed. Award amounts are typically based on full-time (12+ units). The actual amount received will differ if your enrolment status changes and/or if you owe student charges. Students do not have to enroll full-time to receive financial aid. Pell awards will not be increased for special studies, short-term, or weekend classes added after the second week of the term. You can view your offer letter through Financial Aid Self Service.
Note: Offer letters will not include estimates for the Pell Grant until after your file has been reviewed and eligibility has been determined. Initial offer letters will only indicate eligibility for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG).
Federal regulations require that all types of financial aid be coordinated. You must inform the Financial Aid Office if you receive any aid not listed on your Offer Letter such as scholarships, stipends, and vocational rehabilitation. You can only receive aid at one school per term. A revision to your financial aid may be necessary.
Disbursement dates depend on when your completed file is reviewed. Students awarded before the midpoint of the semester will be awarded in two disbursements. Students awarded after the midpoint of the term will be awarded in one disbursement.
- The first half of the semester amount of Pell Grants are disbursed no earlier than ten days prior to the start of each term.
- Cal Grants are disbursed after the add/drop period, around the fourth week of each semester.
- SEOG and the second half of the semester amount of Pell Grants are disbursed approximately mid-way through the semester.
If you have been awarded a scholarship, it will be disbursed the week before the start of the term unless enrollment verification is required. Scholarships requiring enrollment verification will be disbursed within two weeks of the receipt of your enrollment verification. For more information visit our scholarships page. For Summer term, students are awarded once enrolled; however, disbursements are made towards the end of the summer session to ensure correct enrollment status and award amounts. No adjustments are made once you have been awarded.
Disbursements Through BankMobile
Cabrillo College has partnered with BankMobile to deliver student funds. The most common type of money BankMobile disburses to students are Federal Work Study earnings, funds left over from Financial Aid awards and loans or grants after tuition has been paid. BankMobile also disburses money for students who have a credit balance.
What You Should Look For?
Refund Selection Kit within 7-10 business days which will be emailed and mailed to the primary address on file with the college. The Refund Selection Kit will be a bright green envelope with instructions and can be delivered to P.O. Boxes.
Once it arrives, simply follow these steps to make your refund preference selection:
1. Visit BankMobile's website
2. Enter your Personal Code found in the envelope or email. If you don’t have the code just log onto to their website and click on Need a Code.
3. Select how you’d like to receive your money.
Your options for receiving your refunds are:
● – This option allows the student’s financial aid/refund to be placed in their current personal checking/banking account with any banking institution in the U.S. Accuracy matters when entering your bank’s routing number and your account number.
● – This option places your award/refund into a Vibe checking account and the debit card can be used to make purchases, get cash at ATMs and pay bills. A temporary ‘virtual card’ will be issued while the physical card is mailed after refund selection is made. Go to Allpointnetwork.com for ATM locations or you download the BankMobile app to see ATM locations.
- Awards will be deposited to the selected refund preference you chose with Bank Mobile. If no action is taken to select a refund preference, a check will be mailed to the address on file with the college after one month. Students are encouraged to closely review the information from BankMobile Vibe regarding fees structure and other conditions.
-View Cabrillo College BankMobile Contract here.