As a student, it is recommended that you look for scholarship opportunities that can help reduce the financial burden of attending Cabrillo College. We encourage students to search for scholarships throughout their time at Cabrillo. For a successful search, we recommend that you search broadly from a variety of sources.
Many scholarships require students to have a FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application on file before applying. Below are some helpful places to start.
- Cabrillo College Scholarship Information
- Online Scholarship Searches
- International Students Scholarship Information
- Cabrillo College Annual General Scholarship
Cabrillo College Scholarship Information
Cabrillo College offers a wide variety of scholarships every year to current students, enrolling high school graduates, and transferring students. Scholarships are awarded annually on a competitive basis, with consideration given to academic promise, scholastic achievement, financial need, and student potential.
- Cabrillo College Scholarship Opportunities Database: This includes Cabrillo, community, and private organization scholarships!
- : An annual application that awards selected students each Fall through private donations to the Cabrillo College Foundation ($500-$2,500). The 2021-22 application deadline passed on 2/5/21.
- : For more information, criteria, and applications, be sure to check in with instructors and/or Division Offices in early Spring
- Cabrillo College High School Scholarships: Scholarships are offered to encourage Santa Cruz County High School Seniors to begin their college education at Cabrillo. Each scholarship fund is designed to assist students who meet specific eligibility requirements and award amounts start at $500. Recipients must enroll full time at Cabrillo to be eligible. The application is usually available each year in mid-December or early January.
International Students Scholarship Information
Cabrillo College Annual General Scholarship
The Cabrillo General Scholarship Application process begins each year after the end of the Fall semester. Applications are available online and students who apply have their application reviewed and ranked by the scholarship committee, which is made up of Cabrillo faculty and staff. Decisions are made by May and awards are disbursed at the start of the Fall semester. Scholarships are awarded to selected Cabrillo College students who show clear academic goals, scholastic achievement, and community and/or campus involvement.
- Enroll in and complete a minimum of six units at Cabrillo for the Fall term
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 GPA for all Cabrillo College course work
- Submit a FAFSA or Dream Act Application (excludes international students)
- The most heavily weighted part of the application is the student statement
- Be sure to include information on the following:
- Special circumstances or unusual hardships
- Your educational and career goals and how you know those are the right goals for you
- Other claims on your time beyond class and homework
- Any personal experiences that have impacted the pursuit of your education
- After the application period closes in early February, eligible applications will be reviewed by the selection committee
- Awarded applicants will be notified in May by mail to the address on file
- Scholarship funds are released at the start of the Fall semester if all requirements are met
- A thank you letter to the donor is required along with proof of enrollment for those students not attending Cabrillo in the Fall semester