There are a variety of resources available to assist you at Cabrillo and beyond
- Bureau of Indian Affairs:
The BIA is the principal bureau within the federal government responsible for the administration of federal programs for federally recognized Indian tribes, and for promoting Indian self-determination. The Deputy Commissioner is the Chief Operating Officer of the BIA. Field operations are carried out in 12 Regional Offices and their agency offices.
- Federal Student Aid Official Website
Studentaid.gov is the most important tool for keeping up with deadlines and general information regarding your federal financial aid. You can find information like interest rates, deadlines, exit counseling, how to apply and more. You can learn about and submit your FAFSA online
- Federal Student Information Center
www.finaid.org provides a free, comprehensive, objective, and independent guide to student financial aid resources, including scholarships, sponsored by the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators. This service includes the following:
- Advice on identifying scholarship scams and a list of suspicious scholarship searches;
- Ask the Aid Advisor: a service in which professionals in financial aid have volunteered to answer questions submitted by students and parents;
- EFC Estimator: an online calculator that computes an estimate of the students' expected family contribution and financial need
- Immigration And Naturalization Service (USCIS-formerly INS)
- International Education Financial Aid (IEFA)
www.iefa.org provides financial aid information for international students wishing to study in a foreign country. At this site, you will find a listing of grants, scholarships, loan programs, and other information to assist students in their pursuit to study abroad.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Mapping Your Future
- Net Price Calculator
This Net Price Calculator is a tool intended to provide an estimated net price information (defined as estimated cost of attendance - including tuition and required fees, books and supplies, room and board (meals), and other related expenses - minus estimated grant and scholarship aid) to current and prospective students and their families based on what similar students paid in a previous year. This is just a tool to get an estimate; the calculator may not take into account some financial aid programs offered by Cabrillo that you may be eligible for and your actual cost of attendance might vary.
- Selective Service