The purpose of the Budget Committee is to
- serve as a clearinghouse of collegial discussion of budget assumptions, policies and procedures, and fiscal protocols for establishing the annual budget for Cabrillo College.
- assist the College Planning Committee and the Vice President, Administrative Services by providing advice and recommendations related to college budget processes and annual planning assumptions.
- help college staff and managers develop professional development activities that educate college personnel on the annual budget and budgeting process.
- provide a forum for analyzing key budget elements on an annual basis, such as the cost of:salary increases
medical and payroll benefits
amounts specified for board-established end-of-year reserves
post-employment obligation costs
actuarial study assumptions and other significant budget drivers
By serving on the shared governance forum (reporting to CPC), the Budget Committee helps establish common understanding within the college on significant budget planning assumptions and helps facilitate the transmission of knowledge about the college's annual operating costs.
Who They Report To
College Planning Committee (CPC)
Meetings are generally held on the 4th Wednesday of every month, 2 - 3:30 pm, SAC East 225.
Questions about the Budget? Please click here.
Link to Agendas and Minutes
- Bradley D. Olin, Vice President, Administrative Services (Chair)
- Kathie Welch, Vice President, Instruction, Paul Harvell designee
- Amy Lehman, Interim Vice President, Student Service, Karen Reyes designee
- Delana Miller, Director, Business Services
- Angela Hoyt, Director, Human Resources & Labor Relations
- Alex Strudley, Director of Procurement and General Services
- Anna Zagorska, Faculty Senate President or Designee
- Albi Romero, Faculty Union President, Albi Romero designee
- Barbara Schultz-Perez, Faculty Senate Member
- Terri Owen, CCEU
- TBD, CCEU
- Kimberly Cortéz-Solorio, Student Senate
Communication Between the CPC and Other Planning Bodies of the College: The intent is to have as much transparency as possible. In the spirit of this intent, sharing of agendas and a summary of relevant planning topics from Cabinet and other bodies will be shared in advance or presented regularly to the CPC. Affected groups include: Cabinet, Instructional Council, Council on Instructional Planning, Administrative Leadership Team, and Component Manager Groups. See the Cabrillo College Decision Making Process and the Integrated Planning Process.
For more information, visit College Planning Committee Website