The purpose of the Technology Committee is to review and make recommendations to the College Planning Committee regarding the development and updating of the technology plan and priorities that will support and accelerate the accomplishment of the College Master Plan.
- Improve efficiency and streamline processes: rank and process map manual and inefficient procedures: A and R, BSO, Fin Aid, Purchasing, Scheduling); eliminate paper and manual process, leverage current system capabilities. Eliminate duplicate data entry and storage.
- Improve Technology Planning, Prioritization, Project Management and Governance. Enhance and streamline project completion using best practices in Project Management. Identify and purchase PM software/licenses.
- Enhance Security and Emergency Preparedness. Align technology with security standards: Rank and replace end of life equipment with technology that supports current standards. Identify professional training for security and emergency preparedness.
- Develop Effective Policies. Evaluate the need for and author policies/procedures/standards/guidelines for technology acquisition.
- End user support and training.
Who They Report To
College Planning Committee (CPC)
Monthly during the semester on Fridays via Zoom
Agendas, Minutes and Committee Information
Chair and Member Listing
- Spring Andrews, Director, Information Technology -- Chair
- Bradley D. Olin, Vice President of Administrative Services
- + One Representative, Delana K. Miller
- Kathie Welch, Vice President of Instruction, Paul Harvell, designee
- + One Representative, TBD
- Amy Lehman, Interim Vice President of Student Services
- + One Representative, Alvaro Suarez
- Buff McKinley, CCEU Appointed Representative
- Chrissy Hankes, CCEU Appointed Representative
- David Gilmore, CCEU Appointed Representative
- Francine Van Meter, LRC/TLC Representative
- Jefferson Hancock, ASC Representative
- John Govsky, CCFT Appointed Representative
- Marcelo Nogueira, CTC Representative
- Steve Hodges, Faculty Senate Appointed Representative
- Megan Stevens, Confidential Representative
- TBD, Student Representative, Student Senate
Communication Between the CPC and Other Planning Bodies of the College: The intent is to have as much transparency as possible. In the spirit of this intent, sharing of agendas and a summary of relevant planning topics from Cabinet and other bodies will be shared in advance or presented regularly to the CPC. Affected groups include: Cabinet, Instructional Council, Council on Instructional Planning, Administrative Leadership Team, and Component Manager Groups. See the Cabrillo College Decision Making Process and the Integrated Planning Process.
For more information, visit College Planning Committee Website