Skip to Site Navigation | Skip to Local Navigation | Skip to Content
Fall Courses Update

Fall Semester delay due to fires — starts August 31. Learn More Register Now

Fire Safety/Evacuation Center

Wildfire resources for impacted students, employees, and County residents. Learn More


Resources for students and information about our response. Learn More

students studying (students_comp_wide.jpg)

Regulations and Policies - Financial Aid - Cabrillo College

Pell Grant Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU)

A federal regulation was passed that limits Pell grant to the equivalent of 12 full time semesters
or 600% LEU for your entire academic career.
This regulation is retroactive to the first time you attended
college and received a Pell grant. It does not include terms you did not receive a Pell grant.
You can log on to and view your LEU.

High School Diploma, GED requirements

Federal regulations require that students have a high school diploma, GED, or the
equivalent in order to be eligible for federal financial aid. If you received a California
Certificate of Completion on or after Fall 2003, you may now be eligible to receive a
diploma. Contact your California high school to see if you qualify. For more info visit:

Undeclared Major not eligible

Per federal regulations, only students with a declared, eligible academic major
are eligible for Federal Financial Aid. Undeclared majors and Skills Certificates are
not eligible. See Cabrillo’s eligible majors in the Financial Aid Handbook:
Note: If you are a student borrower changing your major may affect the status of your
student loan subsidies. Talk to Financial Aid before changing your major.

Financial Aid Repeat Policy

Federal regulation limits the number of times a student may get paid financial aid for
courses being repeated. Previously passed courses with a “D” or better can only be
repeated once for financial aid payment. Federal repeat regulations apply to financial
aid. State repeat regulations are different and apply to enrollment.
For more information

California Dream Act

For information on this, visit

Check Your Status Online

Visit our updated Check My Status page for instructions on how to check your financial aid status.

New Verification Requirements

Due to new federal regulations students selected for verification (and their parents in the case of Dependent students) will now have to:

  • Submit tax return transcripts from the IRS, a signed copy of your tax return, or use the IRS Data retrieval link provided in their FAFSA.

Loan policies and regulations

  • ALL students requesting a loan must submit an Educational Plan.
  • You must be enrolled in and attending 6 degree applicable units towards your major. Remedial and repeat courses are not counted.
  • Only one loan request per school year.
  • Progress reports will be required for students with a SAP status of Warning or Probation before their loan funds can be disbursed.
  • A recent regulation states new borrowers (beginning July 1, 2013) may only receive Subsidized loans up to 150% of their current program. For more information about Direct Subsidized Loan time Limitation:
    Was this page helpful?   

© 2019 Cabrillo Community College District

Campus Safety | Accessibility | Title IX

Aptos Campus, 6500 Soquel Drive Aptos CA 95003, 831.479.6100