Cabrillo Promise Program
Cabrillo Promise Program
In order to ensure equal access to education for all local students, Cabrillo College is providing the first two years of tuition to any graduating senior from the Cabrillo College District services area. The Cabrillo Promise Program eliminates financial barriers to higher education, making a college degree a reality.
The Cabrillo Promise Program covers full time tuition fees (12+ units) for each semester. Books, material fees, supplies, living expenses, and study abroad programs are not included. Students who wish to receive the Cabrillo Promise Program are required to apply for federal and state aid through the FAFSA or Dream Act Application. However, it is not a requirement that you qualify for federal or state aid. To assist students with the other expenses related to the college that are not covered under the Cabrillo Promise Program, the college sponsors a large scholarship program and students are encouraged to apply for these additional scholarships to assist with the other costs. Information about Cabrillo College scholarships can be found on the Scholarships Page.
To Qualify, Students Must:
- Be a first time, full time (12 + units) Cabrillo College student (former dual enrollment students are eligible)
- Apply for admissions for Cabrillo College
- Be a recent High School graduate from within the Cabrillo College District service area
- Submit a FAFSA or a CA Dream Act Application
- complete the Cabrillo Promise Program Application (application is good for two years)
*Even though students may not qualify for federal or state financial aid, they are required to submit a FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application to be considered for the Cabrillo Promise Program. Federal or state financial aid is awarded first, and if you are not eligible you are considered for the program.
Aptos, Coast, Redwood, Harbor, Pajaro Valley, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, San Lorenzo Valley, Soquel, Watsonville, Oasis and Delta. Selected charter, private and alternative schools are also included. If you do not see your school listed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To Remain in the Cabrillo Promise Program, Students Must,
- Complete at least 12+ units each semester at Cabrillo College
- Earn a minimum 2.0 GPA each term
- Complete a FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application in the second year
You will be disqualified from the Cabrillo Promise Program if you do not complete a full time (12+ units) course load, and/or do not obtain a minimum 2.0 GPA each semester. If you experienced an extenuating circumstance and would like to appeal:
- The deadline to apply for 2020-2021 was September 13th 2020. If you missed the deadline you can still apply, but you must complete a late submission appeal and email to email@example.com
- The 2021-2022 application for local seniors graduating in June 2021 is now available. The deadline to apply is September 15th 2021.